"КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » "КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём! » Дом, семья и развлечения. » World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..

World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..

Сообщений 461 страница 480 из 874

World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair. Celebrity. Lifestyle.Money

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/aqYbR.png

World News in English.
The Cheat Sheet
This is Meghan Markle's Diet
Travel&Leisure
Family recipe.http://sh.uploads.ru/t/thI9J.gif 
It's an old Middleton family recipe.
Money
President Kennedy’s Favorite Waffle Recipe
Celebrity.  Lifestyle.
16 Hsting Rules Kate Middleton Never Breaks
Quotes about Life
Prince Philip to retire from public duties at age of 96
Vanity Fair.
All types of modern short stories are here with better language.
You are welcome to read these short stories so as to enjoy your time.
Life Hacks
Popular Destinations for Flights
Gig poster

etc

+1

https://i-h1.pinimg.com/564x/eb/2c/8f/eb2c8ff41cf06d58136e7b33a1b167d3.jpg
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
The Golden Poppies.

Queen Margrethe commissioned this from Danish artist Arje Griegst in 1976.The flowers are made from thinly hammered plates of 21 carat gold and has baroque pearls inside and 4 diamond-tipped stamens, including moonstones and aquamarines on the leaves to represent dewdrops and insects depicted in pearls, crystals, opals, moonstones, and diamonds crawling about. it’s a parure to boot: earrings and necklace included, because you can never get enough garishly bright gold.

Celebrity
Meghan Markle's Dad Says He's 'Hand-Delivered a Letter' to Duchess' Mom Asking Why She Shut Him Out

http://sh.uploads.ru/t/mDJ79.jpg
In a new interview, Thomas explains that he has been unsuccessful when trying to contact his pregnant daughter.

Meghan Markle's father, Thomas, is once again trying to publicly reconnect with his daughter.

The pregnant Duchess of Sussex has been on the outs with her dad for quite some time now, but the 74-year-old retired TV lighting director is done with being ignored, and has even asked his ex-wife, Doria Ragland, why Meghan is putting up "a wall of silence."

“I have been frozen out and I can’t stay silent,” Thomas told the Mail on Sunday in an interview published on Saturday. “I have made dozens of attempts to reach my daughter via text and letters, but she and Harry have put up a wall of silence.”

"Everyone says, 'Why don’t I just shut the f**k up? That Meghan can’t speak to me because I’ll give away secrets.' But that’s bulls**t. I’ve been accused of every terrible thing you can think of," he continued, adding that he's sent several texts. "Her number hasn’t changed and they haven’t bounced back."

Thomas, who says he hasn't spoken with Meghan since after her wedding, was involved in a staged paparazzi photo scandal prior to his daughter's nuptials. He then gave several negative and public paid interviews in which he bashed the royal family and Prince Harry. He later vowed to never disrespect his daughter and her husband by making any more negative remarks.

Now that the holidays are upon us, Thomas has even reached out to Meghan's mother, asking for her help.

“I’ve pleaded with her to pick up the phone. I wrote her a two-page letter and sent it by certified mail via her representative in Los Angeles. I asked her why she was believing the lies,” Thomas explained. “I even hand-delivered a letter to Doria asking her why our daughter won’t speak to me."

“If she would just speak to me, things could be different,” he continued. “I love Meghan very much. I want her and Harry to have a beautiful, healthy baby and a great life. But I want them to stop believing the lies.”

This new interview is the first one since October, when Thomas spoke about his daughter's pregnancy for the first time.

At the time, he explained how he didn't want "anyone to feel sorry for me" about finding out about the pregnancy on the radio. "Me not getting a call is most likely a misunderstanding about my two back-to-back heart attacks and me missing the wedding," he said at the time. "There has been so much misinformation and lies that perhaps made them mistrust me."

Meghan Markle Cradles Growing Baby Bump as She Honors Her Wedding Dress Designer

Meghan Markle is the epitome of pregnancy glow!

The Duchess of Sussex made a surprise appearance at the 2018 British Fashion Awards at Royal Albert Hall in London on Monday night.

Markle, who is expecting her first child with Prince Harry, was radiant as she presented the Designer of the Year award to Clare Waight Keller, the creative director of Givenchy and the woman who designed her wedding dress.

The brunette beauty was stunning in a sleek, black one-shoulder gown by the designer, accessorized with gold bangles and strappy Tamara Mellon shoes, complemented by her slick, center-parted pulled-back 'do. The dress' fitted silhouette hugged her frame and showed off her growing baby bump, which she couldn't stop cradling.

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/X5CVq.jpg
http://s8.uploads.ru/t/4sAan.jpg
The duchess looked stunning as ever with minimal makeup, contoured cheeks, light pink lips and flawless, glowing skin.

In her speech, Markle addressed the personal connection between the person and the clothes and the importance of supporting female creatives.

"As all of you in this room know, we have a connection to what we wear. Sometimes it's very personal, sometimes it's emotional. But for me, this connection is rooted in really being able to understand that it's about supporting and empowering each other, especially as women."

Prince Philip crash: Woman who broke wrist 'considering personal injury claim'

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/pHhRe.jpg
A mother who broke her wrist in a car crash with the Duke of Edinburgh is considering a personal injury claim, it has emerged, as she calls for the 97-year-old to stop driving.

Emma Fairweather, who was the passenger of a Kia Carens car which collided with the Duke’s Land Rover, said she felt “ignored and rejected” by the Royal Family after the accident.

Admitting she had hoped for an apology from the Duke and “a card and a bunch of flowers” from the Queen, she claimed the injury had affected her independence and may require surgery.

Ms Fairweather was one of two women in the Kia, which was left on a verge after colliding with the Duke of Edinburgh’s car.

Her 28-year-old friend, who was driving, suffered cuts to her knee, and a nine-month-old baby escaped unharmed.

The Duke, who has subsequently been photographed driving a replacement Land Rover into the Sandringham Estate without a seatbelt or the presence of his protection officers, suffered “no injuries of concern”, Buckingham Palace said.

In an interview with the Sunday Mirror newspaper, Ms Fairweather, a 45-year-old mother-of-two, said: “I haven't had any contact from the Royal household. Maybe he [the Duke] should prioritise that over test driving his new car."

Having recently started a new job as a support worker, the newspaper, said, she is “now considering a personal injury claim after being told she could face two months off work”.

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/bj2Yr.jpg
The aftermath of the crash, near Sandringham Credit: George Glass

Ms Fairweather said she was “really shocked” that the Duke had already been out driving, adding: “I very much hope he'll consider stopping.

"I think he should be treated the same as anyone else. How could you say no to prosecuting him if he's broken the law?"

Ms Fairweather also claims she has not been contacted by anyone at Buckingham Palace, instead received a message via a police liaison officer, saying: “The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you.”

“That's not an apology or even a well-wish,” she told the newspaper. "I love the royals but I've been ignored and rejected and I'm in a lot of pain.

"The police haven't given me any emotional support either."

A palace source yesterday insisted that a number of attempts had been made by at least two senior aides to contact both the driver and passenger to “see how they are and offer messages of goodwill and good wishes” from both the Queen and Duke.

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/nqbAv.jpg
The Duke of Edinburgh takes delivery of a replacement Land Rover Credit: Geoff Robinson

The source denied that the two women were being ignored by the palace, with a “full message of support” sent via a police officer on Friday while the permission of the women was sought for their contact detail to be passed on to staff.

It is understood that further attempts to contact the women at their respective homes to deliver a more personal message had been difficult, with both thought to be staying elsewhere temporarily.  A senior aide from the palace is now in touch with the driver. 

The Royal Family’s engagements will continue this week as planned.

Prince Philip in car crash near to Sandringham Estate

http://s8.uploads.ru/t/e4qzt.jpg
The Duke was not injured in the crash

The Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a car crash with another vehicle this afternoon, Buckingham Palace has confirmed. Prince Philip was driving close to the Sandringham Estate when he the accident took place, but a palace spokesperson has confirmed that he was not injured.

A statement released by the palace said: "The Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a road traffic accident with another vehicle this afternoon. The Duke was not injured. The accident took place close to the Sandringham Estate. Local police attended the scene.

Prince Philip was "very shaken" after the crash

Prince Philip was involved in a car crash on Thursday, 15

Norfolk Police said officers were called to the Sandringham Estate shortly before 3pm "following reports of a collision involving two cars". A spokesman added that police and ambulance crews attended and two people in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries. The Duke was seen later by a doctor as a precaution and confirmed he was not injured.

http://s8.uploads.ru/t/EmH8z.jpg

Prince Philip has been seen less frequently in public following his retirement in the summer of 2017, and underwent a hip operation in 2018. However, he has made a good recovery following his surgery, and has been pictured on several occasions carriage riding around Windsor, where he spends much of his time.

The Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen are expected to stay at the Sandringham Estate until early February, as is tradition. The monarch traditionally stays at her country home until then to mark the anniversary of her father’s death privately, before returning to London.

UK police speak to Prince Philip about not wearing seatbelt

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/NmUGC.jpg

LONDON (AP) — British police have spoken with Prince Philip after the husband of Queen Elizabeth II was photographed apparently driving without wearing a seatbelt — just two days after he was involved in a serious car crash.

British media on Saturday published a photograph showing the 97-year-old royal driving a new Land Rover near the royal residence at Sandringham in eastern England.

Norfolk Police said "suitable words of advice have been given to the driver."

Police said the advice given to Philip was "in line with our standard response when being made aware of such images showing this type of offense."

Buckingham Palace didn't comment on the images.

Philip was driving another Land Rover when he was involved in a violent collision on Thursday in which two women in a Kia car were injured. A 9-month-old baby boy in the Kia was unhurt. Philip had to be helped out of his overturned vehicle but wasn't injured.

The palace said Friday that Philip and the queen had privately contacted the other people in the crash and exchanged good wishes.

But Emma Fairweather, who broke her wrist in the collision, told the Sunday Mirror newspaper that she had not heard from the palace.

"I still haven't had any contact from the royal household," she said. "Maybe he should prioritize that over test driving his new car."

The 46-year-old said "it would mean the world to me" if Philip offered an apology.

Police haven't disclosed who was at fault for the crash, which happened after Philip drove onto a main road from a side road near the royal family's Sandringham estate, 100 miles (160 kilometers) north of London.

The queen and Philip have been on an extended Christmas break in Sandringham, their holiday tradition for many years.

Philip has been in generally good health and was photographed in December driving a horse-drawn carriage. He has largely retired from public life but still is occasionally seen at family occasions with the queen.

The accident — and Philip's subsequent driving apparently without using a seatbelt — is raising questions about his continued use of public roadways.

Buckingham Palace says Philip has a valid driver's license. There is no upper age limit for licensing drivers in Britain, although drivers over 70 are required to renew their licenses every three years and tell authorities about any medical conditions that might raise safety issues.

Philip passed a vision test Saturday as part of the investigation into the accident.

Total lunar eclipse set to wow star gazers, clear skies willing

http://s3.uploads.ru/t/WL06t.jpg

By Barbara Goldberg and Steve Gorman

NEW YORK/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Astronomy buffs across the United States have been promised all the makings of a spectacular total lunar eclipse on Sunday except one - clear skies.

Star gazers from Los Angeles to New York will keep their eyes on the sky for the eclipse, known as a super blood wolf moon, expected to appear at 11:41 p.m. EST (0441 GMT).

Although it is a total eclipse, the moon will never go completely dark but rather take on a coppery red glow - called a blood moon. It is also a full moon that is especially close to Earth, called a supermoon.

And since it appears in January, when wolves howled in hunger outside villages, it has earned the name wolf moon, according to The Farmers Almanac.

But no matter how perfectly the stars align for this stellar event, the thrill or disappointment of the evening really depends on one thing: the weather.

If skies are clear on Sunday night, the spectacular total lunar eclipse will be visible with the naked eye.

Unlike a solar eclipse, which requires eye protection to safely enjoy the view, no extra measures need to be taken for hazard-free lunar eclipse watching.

If cloud cover ruins visibility, there is always a view on the internet.

"Anyone clouded out can go online and see the view from our sky cameras around the world," said Andrew Fazekas, spokesman for the site AstronomersWithoutBorders.org.

Next chance for Americans to see a total lunar eclipse is 2022.

The blood moon's red hue is the result of sunlight traveling through the Earth's dusty, polluted atmosphere, Fazekas said. The shorter, more pliable blue wavelengths of light are scattered outside the Earth's shadow and the longer, less bendable red wavelengths are refracted toward the moon.

Best viewing of the one-hour total eclipse will be from North and South America, with as many as 2.8 billion people able to see it from the Western Hemisphere, Europe, West Africa and northernmost Russia.

(Reporting by Barbara Goldberg and Steve Gorman; Editing by Leslie Adler)

Prince William Has an Interesting Theory About Why the British Have Trouble Expressing Emotion
http://sd.uploads.ru/t/EBo16.jpg

Prince William took to the stage at the World Economic Forum in Davos this Wednesday, joining an impressive line-up of mental health advocates from around the globe. He used the opportunity to discuss his, Kate Middleton, and Prince Harry's Heads Together initiative-a program that fights to erase the stigma around mental health issues.

William explained that Heads Together was a natural outgrowth of the "The work I’d been doing, the charities have to do with addiction homelessness, veterans' welfare, young disadvantaged people," he said. "And the work my brother and my wife was doing as well. We all sat down after quite a few years of doing this, and we started to realize that there was this elephant in the room that had never been grappled with, and it crossed between all the different sectors and organizations that we were working with. And mental health was the thing."

As for why it had never been grappled with, Prince William placed the blame squarely on British people's reticence to discuss their feelings-which, according to him, is the product of history. Read the future king's theory below.

We’re very embarrassed about revealing our emotions. And I take it back as far as the war. And I think, you know, the wartime was very, very difficult for everybody. And people were dealing with their own ways, and losing so many loved ones, and dealing with such horrendous circumstances that no matter how much you could talk, you were never gonna fix the issue. It was so destructive and devastating that I think a whole generation just decided that this was the best way of dealing with it. They then, completely by accident, passed that on to the next generation. You know, we all learn from our parents. We all learn from how they deal with things. So a whole generation inherited that this was the way you deal with problems. You don’t talk about them. And I think now, there’s a generation here that are finally realizing that this is not normal, we should talk about it, we should get over it... This is a generational issue and we’ve got to start tackling it now so that our children and our grandchildren don’t have to go through this sort of process, and they can be more open about it.

Celebrity
Queen Elizabeth Had Some Choice Words About Prince Philip's Driving

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/3J2zK.jpg
The royal mechanic has his hands full, and so does Queen Elizabeth.

After Prince Philip’s car crash last week near the queen’s country estate of Sandringham, where his Land Rover hit a Kia carrying two women and a 9-month-old baby (no serious injuries were reported), the palace hasn’t issued a statement on the 97-year-old royal’s accident. Two days later, Philip was photographed in a brand-new Land Rover—this time, without a seat belt. (Another day, a new Land Rover…the royals, they’re just like us!)

So what does the queen think about all this? Per People, in a very old letter to author Betty Shew (who wrote a memoir about the queen’s wedding) that was auctioned with other royal memorabilia in 2016, Queen Elizabeth wrote, “Philip enjoys driving and does it fast! He has his own tiny M.G. which he is very proud of. He has taken me about in it, once up to London, which was great fun, only it was like sitting on the road, and the wheels are almost as high as one’s head.”

Now, after the January 17 accident that saw the Duke of Edinburgh’s car overturned, what would Her Majesty say?

“I’m sure she’d be telling him now to stop,” royals author Ingrid Seward, who wrote a book about the queen and Philip’s marriage called My Husband and I, told People. “He will listen—but whether he will take any action, I don’t know.”

http://s3.uploads.ru/t/aKF2I.jpg

Many people believe Queen Elizabeth II alluded to Brexit’s political turmoil after she made a comment about seeking “common ground” during an appearance.

In season two of The Crown, Claire Foy says as Queen Elizabeth II: “In an increasingly complex world, we all need certainty.” It’s a fictional quote, said on a fictional show, but in many ways, it’s real. For more than six decades now, the Queen of England has remained a steadfast, soothing figure through times of turmoil, conflict, and uncertainty.

Like right now, when the government of the United Kingdom is in crisis as it struggles to make a deal over Brexit. Theresa May’s leadership is uncertain, and the future of the U.K. is in question, leaving the country’s population polarized.

Now, the Queen isn’t allowed to take a political stance (nor are other members of the royal family). And when the Brexit vote was happening, she stayed mum. However, during a recent appearance at the Sandringham Women’s Institute in Norfolk, she made a comment that many believe was directed at the current discord.

“Every generation faces fresh challenges and opportunities. As we look for new answers in the modern age, I for one prefer the tried and tested recipes, like speaking well of each other and respecting different points of view; coming together to seek out the common ground; and never losing sight of the bigger picture,” she said to the crowd. “To me, these approaches are timeless, and I commend them to everyone.”

Although she never uttered a political term, the British press was abuzz about the allusion. “Queen Calls for End to Brexit Feud,” read a headline on the The Times of London’s front page this morning, and the remarks were soon turned into a Twitter moment.

Apparently Prince George Has a Nickname—and It's Not What You Would Expect

Prince George of Cambridge—you know, that adorable little 5-year-old royal who will likely one day be king—is a boy of many names, apparently. Of course, he literally has many names on his birth certificate: George Alexander Louis, to be exact. But he also reportedly revealed that he goes by another name that we never would have guessed.

The Daily Mail reports that a woman walking her dog casually happened upon the young prince and his sister Princess Charlotte while they were playing in a stream near their grandmother Carole Middleton's home in Berkshire, England.

First, can you imagine going out for a leisurely stroll and seeing the heir to the throne and his little sister? Luckily, this unnamed woman kept her composure—and followed the directions of the royals' protection officer to not snap any photos.

But she did strike up a convo with the little ones while George petted her dog. "Just to be friendly, I engaged in a bit of small talk, and I asked George what his name was, even though obviously I knew it," she says. "To my astonishment, he said, 'I'm called Archie,' with a big smile on his face. I don't know why he calls himself Archie, but kids often play with their names and I think it's lovely."
http://sh.uploads.ru/t/AvjHM.jpg

This revelation could mean a number of things. Maybe he's been sneaking into the room while his parents, Kate Middleton and Prince William, are bingeing Riverdale on Netflix (a hypothetical, of course). Perhaps George already has an alter ego, like the royal version of Beyonc´é's Sasha Fierce. Or maybe, at age 5, he already knows how to brilliantly troll people—and the press. (I feel like maybe his Uncle Harry would be proud of that one.)

Needless to say, it seems we can now add Archie to the list of George's names and nicknames which also include, per the Daily Mail: PG (which is what he's called at school—and is likely short for Prince George, of course), "PG Tips" (a spin on the school nickname by his parents, which is is also a common brand of tea in the UK), and the shortened version, "Tips".

No word on which one the Queen prefers, but we love that the little royal has already dubbed himself with an adorable nickname.

How Meghan Markle Is Making Ethical Jewelry Her Go-To Fashion Statement

http://s8.uploads.ru/t/tyW3N.jpg
Meghan Markle is choosing jewelry with a message in a way no royal ever has.

On a visit to Birkenhead last week, Meghan wore three different jewelry designers, all of whom share contemporary values of sustainability and giving back.

Among the brands the Duchess of Sussex, 37, debuted: Bar Jewellery, a sustainable label founded by London-based Sophie McKay, who uses recycled silver and avoids chemicals in the manufacturing process. The royal mom-to-be wore McKay’s chic gold-plated Wide Ripple Bracelet ($305). “It’s amazing that high-profile people like Meghan are promoting brands like mine,” McKay tells PEOPLE. “It’s so great that the royal family supports us.”

http://s5.uploads.ru/t/3P2ih.jpg
It’s not McKay’s first brush with royalty. When Queen Elizabeth attended London Fashion Week last February, she visited the jeweler’s stand and the pair chatted about another sustainable feature of the brand. “She said the designs were very nice and we spoke about local production, how everything is made in London – it was very cool and a complete surprise!”

Outland Denim Founder, James Bartle, Talks ‘the Meghan Effect’ on the Brand

• Can’t get enough of PEOPLE’s Royals coverage? Sign up for our newsletterto get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

In addition to the elegant bracelet, Meghan re-wore a pair of gold earrings from her go-to ethical jewelry brand, Pippa Small. Meghan’s Nosheen Stud Earrings ($60) are made by the artisans of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation, an Afghanistan-based charity set up by Prince Harry’s father, Prince Charles. The foundation trains and employs young people within the arts and crafts industry in Kabul, providing stability and income for many families in the war-torn country.

http://s3.uploads.ru/t/Dhq8V.jpg
Lastly, the stylish royal wore a delicate gold ring on her thumb by contemporary jewelry line i+i Jewellery. The Crescent Moon Ring ($242) is handmade in 14-karat gold — and the founder, Kirsty Patterson, who trained under Mick Jagger’s daughter, Jade Jagger, donates 10% of all profits to the Indian charity Set Beautiful Free, an initiative that helps free women and children from sex slavery.

For much more on Meghan’s ethical fashion, pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday

“Even if people can’t afford to buy the exact same piece of jewelry, it’s making people think about not using plastic and buying less,” says McKay. “It’s about being more thoughtful in general.”

This Is Apparently Why Meghan Markle Won't Close Her Own Car Doors Anymore

http://sg.uploads.ru/t/i1Evc.jpg
From Cosmopolitan

A couple of months ago the internet freaked out after Meghan Markle was seen closing her own car door. Yeah, it seems silly (I close my own car door all of the time and no one seems to care!), but people took it as a signal that Megs was still a regular girl at heart.

However, since Prince Philip's scary car crash a few weeks ago, it looks like Meghan won't be closing those car doors any longer. According to The Sun, royal protection officers now say closing car doors is a no-no.

It seems weird, but it's the same logic that the royals use when not wearing a seat belt, i.e. it's all about a quick getaway. A source shared, "Although having a car door closed might seem like a trivial thing, it could be the difference...God forbid if anything did go wrong arriving at a royal engagement, but security need to be able to get them back into cars in seconds if needs be."

Apparently, Meghan has been seen leaving her car door open at recent events, so it seems like her days of her being one with the people and closing her own car doors are behind us. Here are some photos to remember the good ol' times:

http://sh.uploads.ru/t/EjQdS.jpg
http://sg.uploads.ru/t/eD6N9.jpg

http://sh.uploads.ru/t/zU2mu.jpg

As ruling monarch of the United Kingdom, naturally the Queen gets only the best food around.
She picks from a menu book, and meals are created for her.
She basically has her own personal restaurant!

But as with any dining establishment, things can occasionally go wrong.
Once, the Queen even found an unwelcome, and slightly dangerous, guest lurking in her salad.

Celebrity
It Looks Like Kate Middleton Rewore This Classic 2017 Look to Her Mom's Birthday Party

"Duchess of Recycled Style" isn't a real title, but if it were, it would almost certainly go to Kate Middleton. The Duchess of Cambridge is known for publicly rewearing looks and she appears to have pulled off her signature style move once again, this time for her mother, Carole Middleton's, 64th birthday party.

Kate was snapped on her way to the celebration at Pippa Middleton's £20 million home in Chelsea. In photos (which The Mirror has, if you want to put eyes on them yourself-which, obviously, you do), Kate is seen wearing a long, flowy red maxi dress. She paired the red dress with a pair of matching, pointed-toe heels, stunning statement earrings, a long black coat, and a shopping bag full of gifts, presumably for the birthday girl.

While it's hard to get a good look at the dress under the coat, Kate Middleton superfans around the internet were quick to help ID the gown. In a now-deleted tweet, Kate fan account @TeaCambridges speculated that it could be the red Alexander McQueen gown the Duchess wore in Berlin during her official visit to Poland and Germany in July 2017.

Here's a full-length look at Kate in the dress in 2017, for reference:

http://s5.uploads.ru/t/4xjHk.jpg
If it is the same Alexander McQueen dress, it's very appropriate. Why? Well, because the first time Kate wore that dress was for another relative's birthday celebration-her grandmother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth. Yep, even though she was in Germany when she sported the look, Kate was paying homage to her famous in-law at the Queen's Birthday Party at the British Ambassadorial Residence.

According to another Kate fan account, @MiddletonMaven, Kate's coat is from Ida Sjöstedt and the red crystal earrings are Simone Rocha and still in stock, if you have $295 burning a hole in your pocket.

Celebrity
Prince Harry Is Ready for Fatherhood in This Swoon-Worthy Photo Alongside Pregnant Meghan Markle
Prince Harry can’t wait to meet his little one.

The royal dad-to-be, 34, couldn’t help but steal a glance at Meghan Markle‘s growing baby bump on a tour of the Old Vic theatre their snowy day trip to Bristol — about 120 miles west of London — on Friday. As the pair learned about the 18th century theatre’s history and links to the local community, Harry was spotted lovingly gazing down at his wife beside him with his attention on her baby belly.

Meghan’s bump was visible under her printed black dress by Oscar de la Renta. The soon-to-be mom often rested her hand on her bump throughout their busy day, which also included greeting well-wishers outside in the snow, visiting a charity that supports sex workers and meeting young people who have been helped through the sport of boxing.

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/BpN9G.jpg
The couple also gave a small preview of what they’ll be like as parents when they met a group of 3- and 4-year-olds from Abbeywood Tots kindergarten during their public meet and greet.
http://sg.uploads.ru/t/9pqxe.jpg
After one child adorably asked Meghan, “where’s Harry,” she called her husband over to share the special moment. However, the duo had to laugh when the little ones, bundled up in their winter jackets, were more interested in their mid-morning snack of cookies than their brush with royalty.

Nursery worker India Leachman, 25, told reporters, “The children beckoned them over, like, ‘We’re excited to see you,’ waving their flags. And as soon as they came over, they were interested in their biscuits.”

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/ysIB7.jpg
Harry and Meghan, 37, both share a love of kids. Harry can’t resist sharing a special moment with little ones at royal events — and the feeling is mutual. He also supports several charities that work to better the lives of children all over the world.

In April 2017, Harry revealed that he’s ready to start a family.

“Of course, I would love to have kids,” he said in an interview with The Telegraph‘s Mad World podcast.

Harry won’t have to wait much longer to meet his first child. During the couple’s visit to the town of Birkenhead in mid-January, the Duchess of Sussex told the crowd when she’s due to give birth.

“We asked her how her pregnancy was going and she said she was six months and she tapped her tummy,” well-wisher Carla Gandy from nearby Wallasey, who was there with her 4-year-old daughter Sofia, tells PEOPLE.

Meghan told others gathered in Hamilton Square that she’s due in late April.

Britain's Prince Philip gives up driving license after crash

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/IkmgD.jpg
Queen Elizabeth's 97-year-old husband Prince Philip has voluntarily given up his driving license after a crash last month, Buckingham Palace said on Saturday. Philip escaped without injury on Jan. 17 when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a collision with a car close to the royals' Sandringham residence in eastern England.

"After careful consideration The Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license," the royal palace said in a statement.

The other driver, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee and a 45-year-old woman passenger in the car, which also had a nine-month-old baby on board, sustained a broken wrist. Witnesses said Philip pulled into a main road from a drive. Philip, who suggested low sun had affected his sight for the crash, also received a warning from police for driving without a seatbelt two days after the crash.

Norfolk Police confirmed that Philip voluntarily surrendered his license to officers on Saturday. It said it would forward the license to Britain's licensing authority, the DVLA.

"The investigation file for the (Jan. 17) collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service for their consideration," it added.

Philip retired from public life in 2017, although he still occasionally appears with his 92-year-old wife at official events. There is no legal age in Britain to stop driving, but drivers over 70 must renew their licenses every three years.

Philip drove then-U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle to lunch at Windsor Castle during their state visit to Britain in 2016, prompting Obama to remark: "I have to say I have never been driven by a Duke of Edinburgh before, but I can report it was very smooth riding."

The queen, a trained military driver during World War Two, is said to have shocked Saudi Arabia's late King Abdullah, then crown prince, by climbing into the driver's seat and taking him for a ride around her estate during a visit to Britain in 1998. At the time, women were banned from driving in Saudi Arabia.

Outspoken yet intensely private, Philip developed a reputation for brusque comments and often headline-grabbing verbal gaffes during ceremonial events. (Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; additional reporting by James Davey Editing by John Stonestreet and Jonathan Oatis)

Car and Driver
97-Year-Old Prince Philip Gives Up Driver's License a Month after Flipping His Land Rover Freelander

http://s3.uploads.ru/t/4hHCR.jpg
UPDATE 2/10/19: Prince Philip has "voluntarily" given up his driver's license, Buckingham Palace reported on Saturday. He had been seen driving with no seatbelt only days after the accident in which two people were injured. As in the United States, the United Kingdom has no set date by which anyone must give up a driver's license.

UPDATE 1/18/19: The U.K.'s Telegraph newspaper reported on Friday morning that a replacement Land Rover Freelander has already been delivered to the royals' Sandringham estate, inside a delivery truck under guard, to replace the same model that Prince Philip crashed on Thursday.

Prince Philip, the 97-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II, was involved in a car crash outside the queen's Sandringham estate near Norfolk, England, today. The elderly patriarch, who retired from royal duties in 2017, reportedly was merging onto a highway and flipped the Land Rover he was driving after making contact with a Kia.

News photos show that the Land Rover flipped on its side; eyewitnesses cited by the BBC News said Prince Philip was "shocked and shaken" but not unconscious after the impact.

In a statement, Norfolk police said both Prince Philip and the woman driving the Kia were given a Breathalyzer test, and both test results were negative. The Kia driver and her female passenger were treated and released at a hospital, the driver for cuts and the passenger for an arm injury. BBC News is reporting that the royal was unhurt.

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/tRiC3.jpg
The investigation that is sure to follow should lead to much discussion about whether a person of his age and reported ill health should still be driving, but, as the BBC quoted the president of the U.K.'s AA driver organization as saying, "If driving restrictions based on age and safety were introduced, we would be more likely to restrict young drivers rather than older drivers."

Prince Philip was shown driving a vehicle carrying President and Mrs. Obama, along with the queen, as recently as 2016.

Entertainment
Kate Middleton Looks Angelic in a White One-Shoulder Gown at the BAFTA Awards

InStyle Alicia Brunker,InStyle 9 hours ago

Kate Middleton embraced her role as a modern-day princess at the 2019 BAFTA Awards, as she walked the red carpet in a flowing white gown with Prince William by her side.

The ethereal dress was embellished with floral appliqués and sequins on its one shoulder, while sparkling accessories, including a pair of Princess Diana's pearl and diamond earrings, completed the duchess's ensemble.

http://sg.uploads.ru/t/y395p.jpg

She traded in her signature bouncy blowout for a romantic updo and added a smoky eye for an extra dose of glamour. However, Kate's best accessory of all was her husband, William, who suited up in a fitted tux.

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/2MgWE.jpg
At last year's affair, Kate opted for a dark green Jenny Packham gown, which was a controversial fashion choice, considering all attendees decided to wear black to stand in solidarity with the victims of the Time's Up movement.
http://s9.uploads.ru/t/0tBFm.jpg
Nonetheless, Kate handled the criticism with her trademark grace — embodying exactly what it means to be a royal in the 21st century.

Celebrity
Royal baby 2019: The Duchess of Sussex's due date, possible names, and all the latest news

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/54T00.jpg
The Duchess of Sussex once described motherhood as being on her “bucket list”, while the Duke of Sussex has frequently confessed he would love to have children.

And now the newlyweds, who married in Windsor last May, are just weeks away from welcoming their first child.

As the nation waits for the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's eighth grandchild to arrive, here's everything we know about royal baby Sussex.
When is the baby due?

Although Kensington Palace has only said the royal baby is due in the spring, six-month pregnant Meghan let slip during an engagement in Birkenhead earlier this year that she is due at the end of April or early May.

The couple announced their pregnancy to family and friends at Princess Eugenie’s wedding in October, just days before their royal tour of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Tonga.

This means he or she could easily be born on the same day as great-grandmother the Queen, who will celebrate turning 93 on April 21.

If the couple do know the gender, they're keeping it very quiet. They recently said they'd be “thrilled” with a baby boy or girl.
Where will the Duchess of Sussex give birth?

No one knows for sure, but staff at the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, London, have been advised not to take holiday in the spring, sparking speculation the Duchess plans to give birth there.

Contrary to earlier reports the former American actress plans to give birth on the NHS, she may instead follow in the footsteps of the Duchess of Cambridge, who had her three children at the same private maternity unit. Princess Diana also gave birth to Harry there in 1984.

A source told the Telegraph: “Staff at the Lindo Wing have been asked not to take holiday in April. Everyone thinks it’s got something to do with the royal baby but no one is confirming anything.”

It had been reported that Meghan, 37, planned to give birth on the NHS at Frimley Park Hospital in Surrey, because it is seven miles closer than the Lindo Wing to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor, where the Sussexes are due to move to this year.

http://sg.uploads.ru/t/mh6RO.jpg
Diana, Princess of Wales and Prince Charles leave the Lindo Wing with Prince Harry in 1984 Credit: Anwar Hussein/Getty Images)
Giving birth in the Lindo Wing

The £6,000-a-night Lindo wing offers a “five-star” birthing experience with expectant mothers accommodated in spacious private rooms with en-suite bathrooms.

Patients are invited to pick their meals from lavish a la carte menus – including a wine and champagne list – and are offered a celebratory post-labour afternoon tea.

The first night in Lindo wing costs £5,900 for the normal delivery package and then every additional night is charged at £1,175.

Patients can pay extra for a deluxe package, where the rooms are slightly bigger, which costs £6,275 for the first 24 hours and £1,550 for extra nights.

What will the royal baby be called?

There will be much suspense as to what the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will call their baby.

The youngster will be born into the British royal family, where tradition is an intrinsic part of the Windsors' lives. If they go classic, something like Alice, Mary, Elizabeth or Victoria for a girl, and Philip, Frederick, Charles, Arthur, Edward or James for a boy are possibilities.

But the pair are also forward-thinking royals, and the duchess has her own American upbringing to draw on.

Canadian-born Autumn Phillips, and husband Peter Phillips, opted for a non-traditional name for their daughter Savannah - the Queen's first great-grandchild - in 2010.

In the US, the most popular name for a baby girl is Emma and Liam for a baby boy. In the UK, the most popular name for a girl born in 2017 was Olivia, and for a boy Oliver. In short, it's anyone's guess.
Where will the baby fall in the line of succession?

Seventh in line, which means it's highly unlikely the child will ever be monarch.

The baby will have three cousins: Prince George - a future king - and Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, who are further up the line of succession, so it is a safe bet that the throne will stay on the Cambridge side of the family.

The baby will bump Harry's uncle, the Duke of York, into eighth place in the line of succession.

His daughter's Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie move into ninth and 10th place, and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex - the Queen's youngest son - drops out of the top 10 for the first time to 11th in line.
What title will the new royal baby have?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's baby will not be a prince nor a princess unless the Queen steps in.

King George V - Harry's great great grandfather - limited titles within the royal family in 1917. This means the couple's first born, as a great-grandchild of the sovereign, is too far down the line of succession to be an HRH.

George V declared that: "the grandchildren of the sons of any such Sovereign in the direct male line (save only the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales) shall have and enjoy in all occasions the style and title enjoyed by the children of Dukes of these Our Realms."

The eldest son and heir apparent of a duke can use one of his father's lesser grade peerage titles by courtesy, according to Debrett's.

So a first son of Harry's would become Earl of Dumbarton - one of the subsidiary titles Harry received from the Queen on the morning of his wedding. A daughter would be Lady (first name) Mountbatten-Windsor, and any subsequent sons Lord (first name) Mounbatten-Windsor.
Will the baby have dual citizenship?

The Duke and Duchess could apply for their child to have dual US-UK citizenship.

The Duchess is in the process of becoming a British citizen - but it is not known whether she will hold dual nationality, and at present is still a US citizen.

According to the American Embassy in the UK, a child born outside of the US and in wedlock to a US citizen parent and a non US citizen parent, may acquire US citizenship at birth if the US parent lived in America for five years - two of which were after the age of 14.
Where will the family live?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are due to move into Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle this year, however the property is still under-going extensive refurbishment.

Since 2017, the couple have been living at Nottingham Cottage, in the grounds of Kensington Palace near the Duke of Cambridge and his family, but the move means they will be 20 miles away from them.

Read more about Nottingham Cottage here.
Will the Sussex's hire a nanny?

Most likely. Harry has been close to all his nannies and it is likely he and Meghan will arrange for a nanny to care for their baby while they are on official engagements.

Kate and William have the help of their full-time live-in nanny Maria Teresa Turrion Borrallo. Meghan's close friend Jessica Mulroney had two nannies to help her with her twin boys and younger daughter.

The couple will almost certainly call upon the help of Meghan's mother Doria Ragland who will no doubt make frequent visits to London from her Los Angeles home to visit her grandchild.

Вы здесь » "КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём! » Дом, семья и развлечения. » World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..