"КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » "КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём! » Дом, семья и развлечения. » World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..

World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..

Сообщений 861 страница 874 из 874

World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair. Celebrity. Lifestyle.Money

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/aqYbR.png

World News in English.
The Cheat Sheet
This is Meghan Markle's Diet
Travel&Leisure
Family recipe.http://sh.uploads.ru/t/thI9J.gif 
It's an old Middleton family recipe.
Money
President Kennedy’s Favorite Waffle Recipe
Celebrity.  Lifestyle.
16 Hsting Rules Kate Middleton Never Breaks
Quotes about Life
Prince Philip to retire from public duties at age of 96
Vanity Fair.
All types of modern short stories are here with better language.
You are welcome to read these short stories so as to enjoy your time.
Life Hacks
Popular Destinations for Flights
Gig poster

etc

+1

China considers limiting kids' smartphone time to two hours per day
Younger children would face even stricter terms.

Jon Fingas·Reporter
Wed, August 2, 2023, 7:47 AM MDT·2 min read

https://i.imgur.com/faXJjdhm.jpg
China might put further limits on kids' smartphone use. The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) has proposed draft rules that would cap the phone time of children under 18 to a maximum of two hours per day. That's only for 16- and 17-year-olds, too. Youth between eight and 15 would be limited to one hour per day, while those under eight would have 40 minutes.

The draft would also bar any use between 10PM and 6AM. Phones would need to have an easy-to-access mode that lets parents restrict what kids see and permit internet providers to show age-appropriate content. Children under three would be limited to songs and other forms of audio, while those 12 and up can see educational and news material. There would be exceptions for regulated educational content and emergency services.

As with previous measures, the proposal is meant to curb addictive behaviour in children. The Chinese government is concerned prolonged use of mobile devices, games and services may be detrimental to kids' development. The country already limits young people to three hours of online video game time per week, and then only on weekends and public holidays.

The draft is still open to public consultation and isn't guaranteed to pass. There are also questions about implementation. CNBC notes it isn't clear whether hardware manufacturers or operating system developers are responsible for implementing the kids mode. While Apple would have to change the iPhone's parental controls in China regardless of this distinction, involving the OS developer might require that Google make changes, not just vendors like Oppo or Xiaomi.

The rules would also have a significant effect for Chinese app developers like ByteDance (responsible for TikTok and its China-native counterpart Douyin) and Tencent (the maker of WeChat and many games). They may have to design apps and tailor content around these time limits.

+1

Longtime Massachusetts truck driver wins $1 million 3 days after announcing his retirement
Jared Formanek, CNN
Wed, August 2, 2023, 10:48 AM MDT·1 min read

https://i.imgur.com/kf2957em.jpg

Mass Lottery
After being in the trucking industry for more than two decades, a Massachusetts man is heading into retirement with a jackpot of $1 million won just three days after giving notice to his boss.

Sixty-five-year-old Paul Bashaw, a trucker for 20 years, started his week by informing his boss that it was time for him to retire. Three days later, he went to J&J Variety convenience store in West Boylston and purchased a scratch-off lottery ticket worth $1 million, according to Massachusetts lottery officials. The golden ticket was part of the Massachusetts State Lottery’s “$5,000,000 100X Cashword” instant ticket game. Odds of winning the $1 million prize are 1 in 1.008 million.

“I told my wife there were three things in life I never thought I’d see happen: the Patriots winning the Super Bowl, getting a hole in one – that happened five years ago – and hitting the Lottery, and now I’ve hit all three,” Bashaw said in a news release.

The former trucker claimed his winnings in the form of a one-time $650,000 cash payment on Friday and finished his last two weeks at work without telling anyone about his good fortune.

Bashaw says he is excited to use some of his winnings to travel during retirement.

West Boylston is located 37 miles from Boston.

https://i.imgur.com/EkCZFx6m.jpg
Southern California and the Southwest were girding for more impact from onetime Hurricane Hilary Monday morning. More flash flooding and mud and rock slides were possible, forecasters said. The National Hurricane Center warned that some flooding could be "life-threatening and locally catastrophic."

Hilary strengthened to a Category 4 hurricane before weakening to a tropical storm prior to making landfall Sunday, then was downgraded to a subtropical cyclone early Monday morning. It was expected to dissipate later in the day, the hurricane center said.

Flooding was already impacting many areas and numerous rock and mud slides were reported.

Hilary was the first tropical storm to hit Southern California in 84 years.

It dumped more than half the average annual rain on some desert and mountain areas, including Palm Springs, which saw nearly 3 inches of rain by Sunday evening. Tens of thousands of people across Southern California had no power due to the storm and Palm Springs lost 911 service Sunday night, CBS News Los Angeles reported. The station said Hilary's outskirts were still lingering over greater Los Angeles and battering some regions with heavy rain early Monday morning.

+1

ATLANTA (AP) — Rosalynn Carter celebrated her 96th birthday at home Friday with her husband, former President Jimmy Carter, and other family members, while the surrounding community of Plains, Georgia, honored the former first lady's years of public health advocacy.

https://i.imgur.com/mAKVc85m.jpg
The latest milestone comes as Rosalynn Carter navigates dementia and the former president, now 98, continues to receive hospice care. Yet they remain together in the same small town where they were born, married and that anchored Jimmy Carter's victorious 1976 presidential campaign.

Rosalynn and her family planned a quiet celebration, according to The Carter Center, the human rights organization the pair opened in Atlanta after losing his 1980 reelection bid. She ate cupcakes and peanut butter ice cream, nodding to the couple’s experience as Georgia peanut farmers, which became part of their political branding.

She also released butterflies in the Carters' garden; her love of butterflies traces back to childhood. Extended family and friends also held butterfly releases around Plains, including at the small public garden next to the home where Eleanor Rosalynn Smith was born on Aug. 18, 1927.

The Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregivers sponsored a screening of a new film, “Unconditional,” which focuses on the challenges people face as caregivers for sick, aging and disabled loved ones. The event was held at Plains High School.

Since her husband was Georgia governor in the early 1970s, Rosalynn Carter has called for a more comprehensive American health care system treating mental health as integral to overall health and recognizing the importance of caregivers to the nation’s social and economic well-being.

“Her incredible ability is to both look at a problem from the need for policy changes, and to think about the individual who lives next door or down the street and is struggling,” said Jennifer Olsen, who leads the Rosalynn Carter Institute.

Olsen noted the former first lady has pushed multiple U.S. administrations to establish an office within the Department of Health and Human Services dedicated exclusively to advocating for caregivers. The office develops specific programs to aid caregivers and analyzes all public policy

https://i.imgur.com/5csn8IDm.jpg
More than 100 million Americans in the central U.S. — from Minneapolis to New Orleans — are fighting a brutal heat wave this week that’s bringing triple-digit temperatures. The National Weather Service told residents to “stay safe, drink water, keep shaded and check on neighbors.” (NBC News)

Х

In Full: India completes historic first landing on Moon’s south pole

Benedict Smith
Wed, August 23, 2023, 9:21 AM MDT·
Narendra Modi has said India’s Moon landing “belongs to all of humanity” as it became the first country to reach the uncharted lunar south pole in a global race to find ice and water.

The Indian prime minister was seen waving a flag in delight as the Vikram Lander touched down, claiming it would help other countries make the same journey.

It means India has joined an elite club of countries to land on the Moon, after the former Soviet Union, the US and China.

Mr Modi said: “This success belongs to all of humanity and it will help Moon missions by other countries in the future.

“I am confident that all countries in the world including those from the global south are capable of achieving such feats. We can all aspire to the Moon and beyond.”

A solar-powered rover, Pragyaan, will now wait a few hours in the lander for the lunar dust to settle. Panels on one of its sides will then open and a ramp will be deployed so it can slide down to the surface.

The rover will explore the region and send data back to Earth over the next fortnight as it searches for traces of water that could support life on the Moon.

On Sunday, Russia’s mission to the south pole ended in disaster when its spacecraft was crash-landed, with the national space agency head blaming the almost 50-year gap in its lunar programme.

India’s previous lunar missions found water molecules and an atmosphere on the Moon in 2008. India is now firmly in a race with the US and China, who also plan missions to the south pole and eventually intend to build a crewed base.

Applause and cheers rang out throughout the control room as the Indian vehicle made its slow descent to the Moon’s surface, gradually shutting off its engines and landing just after 1:30pm BST.

Millions of people across India watched a live broadcast of the landing, with schools open for an extra hour in the evening for viewings.

Residents were seen dancing on roads and bursting crackers in cities and towns across India after the lander touched down successfully.

Prayers have been held in temples, churches, and mosques throughout India for the success of the Chandrayaan-3 mission, which means “Mooncraft” in Sanskrit.

“India has conquered the moon. No one can stop us from becoming the global leader,” said Rakesh Sharma, a Delhi local.

Former Indian space agency chief K Sivan said the team had attempted to draw lessons from the failure of Chandrayaan-2, which crashed in 2019.

“I am really excited... have been waiting for this moment for a long time,” Mr Sivan, who broke down when the previous mission ended in disaster.

“These adjustments reflect a more robust system design, fostering optimism for a positive outcome. We’ve tackled issues with the thrusters, guiding system, and control system.”

Further measures were taken to reinforce the landing legs for higher-velocity landings, he added.

The Vikram Lander, which is named after the founder of India’s ISRO space agency, began its descent at 1:15pm BST as it hovered 25km above the moon.

Its journey was a tense one owing to the uneven, crater-filled terrain it was targeting - a challenge some call “15 minutes of terror”.

The lander’s speed slowed from 1.68km per second at 800m height, and adjusted its landing site.

Dr Ian Whittaker, a physics professor at Nottingham Trent University, said it was “amazing” that India had managed a soft lunar landing on its second attempt.

Mallikarjun Kharge, of the Indian National Congress party, said India had displayed its “scientific prowess to the world”.

Chandrayaan-3 launched in July and has been repeatedly orbiting Earth to build up the speed for its journey.

https://i.imgur.com/vft8hLQm.jpg
Russia Supermoon
The August Super Blue Moon sets behind a historical building and the St. Basil's Cathedral, right, as people walk in Red Square in Moscow, Russia, Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023. The cosmic curtain rises Wednesday night with the second full moon of the month, the reason it is considered blue. It is dubbed a supermoon because it is closer to Earth than usual, appearing especially big and bright. (AP Photo/Alexander Zemlianichenko)ASSOCIATED PRESS

A rare blue supermoon — the closest full moon of the year — dazzled stargazers Wednesday night.

Saturn joined the celestial spectacle, visible alongside the moon, at least where skies were clear.

It was the second full moon of August, thus the blue label. And it was unusually close to Earth, therefore a supermoon.

The moon appeared to be bigger and brighter than usual, given its close proximity to Earth: just 222,043 miles (357,344 kilometers) or so. The Aug. 1 supermoon was more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) farther away.

If you missed it, it will be a long wait: The next blue supermoon isn’t until 2037. But another regular supermoon is on the horizon at the end of September, the last one of the year.

https://i.imgur.com/P327Ef2m.jpg
(Sean Rayford/Getty Images)

Hurricane Idalia was downgraded to a tropical storm yesterday after leaving as many as a half-million people without power in Florida and nearby states. Authorities in Florida also confirmed at least one death. The storm will barrel its way through the Carolinas today before moving to the Atlantic Ocean. You can see the latest developments here. (AP / Yahoo News)

FEMA’s emergency fund isn’t able to help states rebuild after past natural disasters, as it’s near depletion due to the number of destructive wildfires and storms this year. President Biden requested $12 billion from Congress earlier this month to replenish the fund, but lawmakers haven’t yet reached a deal. (POLITICO)

The Department of Health and Human Services moved to reclassify marijuana from a schedule one substance to a less harmful schedule three drug. It’s a possible first step towards wider legalization. (USA TODAY)

https://i.imgur.com/9bxCA9Dm.jpg
SAN DIEGO — Locals were in for a treat Wednesday evening as the San Diego skies revealed a rare blue supermoon.

A blue moon is when the full moon is seen twice in a single month while a supermoon is when the moon is at or near its closes point to earth at the same time as it is full, according to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
https://i.imgur.com/BDIW7aNm.jpg
With Wednesday’s full moon just 222,043 miles or so away, it became the closest full moon of the year. It was 100 miles closer than the Aug. 1 supermoon.

Also visible alongside the moon, Saturn could be seen as a bright point 5 degrees to the upper right of the moon at sunset in the east-southeastern sky, per NASA.

Bridge to Oceanside Pier will be demolished, replaced

FOX 5 captured a mesmerizing timelapse of the blue supermoon (in the video player above).

Viewers from Oceanside to Escondido to Coronado sent in photos to FOX 5 of the rare sight, which can be found in the slideshow below:

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 07, 2023 / Finely crafted by Lily Herman

https://i.imgur.com/1eV8WPFm.jpg
Freddie Mercury

Good morning, folks. The prized piano belonging to Queen’s Freddie Mercury sold at auction yesterday for more than $2 million. A handwritten draft of the group’s song “Bohemian Rhapsody” also went for $1.7 million.

https://i.imgur.com/9U0VK9mm.jpg
Five-year-old Edison Juel set up a lemonade stand and raised over $17,000 to help the victims of the Maui wildfires. "[I’m] struck by how his generosity invited others to be generous," his mother Ami said about how quickly donations poured in. (USA TODAY)

https://i.imgur.com/bHIJLu5m.jpg
Should you stay home from work if you feel ill?
“Sick etiquette” has shifted in the pandemic, but health experts recommend people either work from home if they have a cough or sore throat or mask up if they need to go into an office. (Yahoo Life)

https://i.imgur.com/gfiWzjsm.jpg
John Cuddy flew to San Antonio from North Carolina to watch the solar phenomenon. He witnessed the 2017 eclipse and didn't want to miss this one.

"It's just really cool," Cuddy said. "It doesn't happen often. Like I think there have only been a few over the continental United States in last couple of decades. It's like a neat thing."

Вы здесь » "КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём! » Дом, семья и развлечения. » World News in English. Mashed: Vanity Fair.Celebrity.Lifestyle.Money..