"КИНОДИВА" Кино, сериалы и мультфильмы. Всё обо всём!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

English pages for children. English pages for everyone.

Сообщений 441 страница 460 из 582

English pages for children. English pages for everyone.

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/WO1E5.jpg
Babs Bell (Bishop) Hajdusiewicz and her books

Bestselling author Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz, Ms.Ed. is the author of more than 100 books and 350 poems for children, including: Don’t Go Out in Your Underwear!; Phonics through Poetry: Teaching Phonemic Awareness Using Poetry; MORE Phonics through Poetry: Teaching Phonemic Awareness Using Poetry; Rhythm & Rhyme Reader Series; Questions and Answers Series; Jacks and More Jacks, Words! Words! Words!; Words and More Words. She is also author of Steppingstone Stories Series; Peaceful Me and Sometimes I Feel Happy, Sometimes I Feel Sad; three Poetry Works! collections for early childhood through intermediate grades; middle-grades biography Mary Carter Smith: African-American Storyteller; and the Dainty Dinosaur Series.

Hajdusiewicz stars in the Wright Group staff-development video Developing Oral Language and Phonemic Awareness through Rhythm and Rhyme. She has written numerous children's stories, articles for teachers and parents, and has contributed to and edited many elementary textbooks.

An educator for 40 years, Hajdusiewicz taught early childhood, elementary, and special education at all levels, served school districts in Indiana and Michigan as director of special education, and taught graduate and undergraduate education courses at Eastern Michigan and Cleveland State Universities. She founded Booking the Future: Reader to Reader™, a community-involvement literacy program that placed books in the hands and homes of more than 16,000 four, five, and six year olds, and Pee Wee Poetry™, a language development program for children aged two through nine. Hajdusiewicz is a frequent conference keynoter for educators and parents and a popular visiting author in schools across the country and abroad.

Specialties: Poetry for kids; humor; parenting for literacy; school staff development; author of numerous classroom materials; emphasis on phonemic awareness before phonics instruction; building love of learning from infancy onward

(Babs Bell Hajdusiewicz живет и работает в Атланте, штат Джорджия. Она написала более 100 книг и 350 стишков для детей. Своими книгами она предоставляет советы, консультации и материал для воспитателей, чтобы они чувствовали себя уверенно в том, что они помогают детям в период их раннего развития и становления их устной речи. Учителя английского языка могут использовать стихи для изучения языка в целом. Родители могут читать эти нехитрые стихи своим детям и помогать им изучать английский язык.)

http://www.womenclub.ru/components/com_jce/editor/tiny_mce/plugins/lines/img/lines_bg.png

Здесь также:
города и страны
политика и политики
песни из мульфильмов
видео на английском языке
тексты песен и сами песни известных исполнителей
интересные рассказы и стихи в оригинале для детей и взрослых
новости на английском языке
It's an old Middleton family recipe.
16 Hosting Rules Kate Middleton Never Breaks
Prince Philip to retire from public duties at age of 96
Quotes about Life
etc

+1

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1d/94/75/1d94756ad9966e427408078248b144a2.jpg
vintage everyday: Wartime Britain in Colour London 1940

Prince Charles Made a "Joke" After Harry's Birth That Actually Broke Diana's Heart

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/GzpuL.jpg
Princess Diana was many things to many people, but above all else, she was an adoring and doting mother of two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry. While much is known about Diana's special connection with her boys, there's one thing people may not know about Harry's birth in particular: Prince Charles "desperately" wanted a little girl, and Diana, knowing that she was carrying a baby boy, kept the secret from her husband throughout her entire pregnancy.

About a year after Prince William was born in June 1982, Diana was under pressure to produce a spare to the heir. In September 1983, Buckingham Palace announced that Diana was pregnant for a second time, but sadly, she suffered a miscarriage later that week while at the Balmoral estate in Scotland. Cut to early 1984, when Charles and Diana found out that they were expecting again. During her difficult pregnancy, Diana told friends, "I don't think I'm made for the production line, but it's all worth it in the end."

Related
The 50 Most Fascinating Facts About Princess Diana's Life

In September 1984, Diana gave birth to a baby boy, Henry Charles Albert David Mountbatten-Windsor, after nine hours of labor and zero drugs. In Andrew Morton's Diana: Her True Story, the princess revealed her husband's "dismay" after welcoming their second child: "Charles always wanted a girl," she said. "Harry was a boy. His first comment was, 'Oh God, it's a boy.' His second: 'And he's even got red hair.'" Charles discounted the comment as a joke, but Diana was extremely hurt and offended: not only had she just endured nine f*cking hours of natural birth, but her older sisters and younger brother, Earl Spencer, all happen to have red hair, a trait that runs in the Spencer family. What's worse, at Harry's christening in December, Charles reportedly told Diana's mother, "We were so disappointed — we thought it would be a girl."

http://s2.uploads.ru/t/rG1LK.jpg
Diana went on to explain that she and Charles were "the closest we've ever, ever been and ever will be" in the weeks before Harry was born, adding, "Then, suddenly, as Harry was born, it just went bang, our marriage. The whole thing went down the drain." She went on to admit that "something inside me closed off," after Harry's birth — especially because Charles had picked up his longtime affair with Camilla Parker Bowles. "By then, I knew Charles had gone back to his lady," she said of the rekindled romance.

Related
Princess Diana's Most Precious Moments With Prince Harry

Harry's red hair led many to believe that his biological father was actually James Hewitt, an English Army captain who was hired to teach Diana, William, and Harry horseback riding. While Diana and James did carry on an affair in the late '80s, they didn't meet until two years after Harry's birth. The prince's hair color is purely genetic. And Charles's desire for a baby girl has held strong after all these years, as evidenced by his excitement over the birth of Princess Charlotte in 2015. "I was hoping for a granddaughter — someone to look after me when I am very old," he told reporters during a public engagement that year. "I am really rather thrilled."

Sweet, Heartbreaking Things William and Harry Have Said About Princess Diana
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/ZiFk0.jpg
Princess Diana and Harry with William on his first day at Eton in September 1995.

It's been nearly 20 years since Princess Diana's tragic death, and the anniversary has brought a renewed interest in her extraordinary (and sometimes scandalous) life as a royal. When Diana passed away in a car accident in August 1997, she left behind her two sons, William and Harry, who were 15 and 12, respectively, at the time. The princes have begun opening up about their mother's death in recent years and have admitted that it took time for them to feel comfortable talking about the huge loss. William told a young boy at a charity event that he was "very angry" about Diana's death and "found it very difficult to talk about."

Related
Remembering Princess Diana's Sweetest Mom Moments

http://sh.uploads.ru/t/QCghy.jpg
William and Harry at their mother's funeral in September 1997.

Prince William

"Time makes it easier. I still miss my mother every day — and it's 20 years after she died."
    "Twenty-one years ago, my mother attended the launch of the Child Bereavement charity. Fifteen years later, I was honored to be invited to become patron of Child Bereavement UK to continue my mother's commitment to a charity which is very dear to me. What my mother recognized back then, and what I understand now, is that grief is the most painful experience that any child or parent can endure."
    "I never realized quite how much of an impact she had. I applaud her for all her dedication and drive, and I think the infectious enthusiasm and all the energy she had really rubbed off on me for causes such as [AIDS research in Africa]."
    "Initially, there is a sense of profound shock and disbelief that this could ever happen to you. Real grief often does not hit home until much later. For many it is a grief never entirely lost. Life is altered as you know it, and not a day goes past without you thinking about the one you have lost. I know that over time it is possible to learn to live with what has happened and, with the passing of years, to retain or rediscover cherished memories."
    "Losing a close family member is one of the hardest experiences that anyone can ever endure. Never being able to say the word 'Mummy' again in your life sounds like a small thing. I too have felt — and still feel — the emptiness on such a day as Mother's Day."
    "Part of the reason why Harry and I want to do this is because we feel we owe it to her. I think an element of it is feeling like we let her down when we were younger. We couldn't protect her."
    "I am in a better place about it than I have been for a long time, where I can talk about her more openly, talk about her more honestly, and I can remember her better, and publicly talk about her better. It has taken me almost 20 years to get to that stage."
    "I still find it difficult now because at the time it was so raw. And also it is not like most people's grief, because everyone else knows about it, everyone knows the story, everyone knows her. It is a different situation for most people who lose someone they love, it can be hidden away or they can choose if they want to share their story."
    "When it came to the wedding, I did really feel that she was there. You know, there was times when you look to someone or something for strength, and I very much felt she was there for me."
    "I would like to have had her advice. I would love her to have met Catherine and to have seen the children grow up. It makes me sad that she won't, that they will never know her."
    "The very last memory I have is a phone call from Balmoral [Castle in Scotland]. At the time, Harry and I were running around, minding our own business, playing with our cousins and having a very good time. Harry and I were in a desperate rush to say 'Goodbye, see you later, can I go off?' If I'd known what was going to happen I wouldn't have been quite so blasé about it. That phone call sticks in my mind quite heavily."
    "It's hard because obviously Catherine didn't know her, so she cannot really provide that, that level of detail. I just try and remind [George and Charlotte] that there are two grandmothers, there were two grandmothers in their lives, and so it's important that they know who she was and that she existed."
    "She'd be a nightmare grandmother, absolute nightmare," William teased. "She'd love the children to bits, but she'd be an absolute nightmare. She'd come and go and she'd come in probably at bath time, cause an amazing amount of scene, bubbles everywhere, bathwater all over the place and — and then leave."
    "I want to make as much time and effort with Charlotte and George as I can because I realize that these early years particularly are crucial for children, and having seen, you know, what she did for us."

Related

Remembering Princess Diana's Sweetest Mom Moments

In addition to speaking about their mother in interviews, William and Harry have taken on a number of her charities and both consider her legacy as one of the driving forces behind their philanthropic efforts. Recently, William bonded with young children who have lost their own parents, telling a little girl, "I lost my mummy when I was young, too. It's very important to talk about it." He and Harry are also erecting a memorial statue in the public gardens of Kensington Palace this year to commemorate her death and her positive impact in the UK and around the world. See more of the sweet, heartbreaking things that Harry and William have said about their late mum.

Related
10 Family Traditions Princess Diana Passed On to William and Harry

Prince Harry

"I never really dealt with what had actually happened. So there was a lot of buried emotion, and I still didn't even want to think about it."
    "I really regret not talking about it. It is OK to suffer, but as long as you talk about it. It is not a weakness. Weakness is having a problem and not recognizing it and not solving that problem."
    "It's a huge shame she's not here. But I hope she'd be incredibly proud of what we managed to achieve."
    "I first came [to Africa] in 1997, straight after my mum died. My dad told my brother and me to pack our bags — we were going to Africa to get away from it all."
    "We will do everything we can to make sure she's never forgotten, and carry on all of the special gifts and such that she had and that she portrayed when she was alive. I hope that a lot of my mother's talents are shown in the work that I do."
    "I hope she's looking down [at our family] with tears in her eyes being incredibly proud of what we've established. I'm sure she's longing for me to have kids so she can be a grandmother again . . . but I hope that everything we do privately and officially, that it makes her proud."
    "Losing your mother at such a young age does end up shaping your life massively, of course it does. And now I find myself trying to be there and give advice to other people who are in similar positions."
    "Every day, depending on what I'm doing, I wonder what it would be like if she was here, and what she would say, and how she would be making everybody else laugh. Who knows what the situation would be, what the world would be like, if she were still around."
    "Not to get too personal, if you lose your mum at the age of 12 then you've got to deal with it and the idea that . . . 15, 17 years later I still hadn't dealt with it, Afghan was the moment. I was like 'right — deal with it.'"
    "My mother had just died, and I had to walk a long way behind her coffin, surrounded by thousands of people watching me while millions more did on television. I don't think any child should be asked to do that, under any circumstances. I don't think it would happen today."
    ""My mother died when I was very young. I didn't want to be in the position I was in, but I eventually pulled my head out of the sand, started listening to people and decided to use my role for good."
    "My mother took a huge part in showing me an ordinary life, including taking me and my brother to see homeless people. Thank goodness I'm not completely cut off from reality. People would be amazed by the ordinary life William and I live."
    "I intuitively know what my mother would like me to do and want to progress with work she couldn't complete."
    "She had the most wonderful sense of humor and always wanted to make things fun for us, as well as protect us."
    "I think it's never going to be easy for the two of us to talk about our mother, but 20 years on seems like a good time to remind people of the difference that she made not just to the royal family, but also to the world."
    "I can't necessarily remember what I said but all I do remember is regretting for the rest of my life how short the phone call was. If I'd known that that was the last time I was going to speak to my mother, the things I would have said to her. Looking back at it now — it's incredibly hard. I have to deal with that for the rest of my life: not knowing that it was the last time I'd speak to my mum, how differently that conversation would have panned out if I'd had even the slightest inkling that her life was going to be taken that night."

Image Source: Getty / Anwar Hussein

Prince William Reveals What Princess Diana Would Have Been Like as a Grandmother
July 25, 2017 by Terry Carter
First Published: July 23, 2017

http://s0.uploads.ru/t/JK1Oy.jpg
Prince William is making sure his children know who Princess Diana was. During an upcoming ITV documentary, Diana, Our Mother: Her Life and Legacy, William revealed that he is "constantly talking about Granny Diana" to Prince George and Princess Charlotte. William also shared that he keeps photos of his mother around the house to remind his growing family of her presence.

"It's hard because obviously Catherine didn't know her, so she cannot really provide that, that level of detail," he said in the documentary, which airs on Monday. Instead, William says he talks about his late mom to the children at bedtime to "just try and remind them that there are two grandmothers, there were two grandmothers in their lives, and so it's important that they know who she was and that she existed."

Related
William and Harry Reminisce About Princess Diana: "She Was One of the Naughtiest Parents"

Prince William also reflected on what he thinks Princess Diana would have been like as a grandmother. "She'd be a nightmare grandmother, absolute nightmare," William teased. "She'd love the children to bits, but she'd be an absolute nightmare. She'd come and go and she'd come in probably at bath time, cause an amazing amount of scene, bubbles everywhere, bathwater all over the place and — and then leave."

According to William, the precious time he spent with her and the lessons he learned from his mother before her untimely death have made him a better father. "I want to make as much time and effort with Charlotte and George as I can because I realize that these early years particularly are crucial for children, and having seen, you know, what she did for us."

Queen Elizabeth II Did Something at Diana's Funeral That the Public Did Not See Coming
August 8, 2017 by Brittney Stephens
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/PxJ70.jpg
Princess Diana was honored with a public funeral on Sept. 6, 1997, seven days after her tragic death. The event brought in an estimated 2.5 billion viewers, while another three million crowded the streets of London to follow the route of Diana's coffin from Kensington Palace to her final resting place at the Spencer family home in Althorp. Diana's two sons, William and Harry, joined the funeral procession at St. James's Palace alongside their father, grandfather, and uncle Earl Spencer. The coffin, accompanied by eight Welsh Guards, passed Buckingham Palace, where members of the royal family waited outside. Queen Elizabeth II was one of them, and as Diana's coffin was carried past her, she made a very rare move: she bowed her head.

The queen's gesture is remarkable for a couple of reasons; first, while it is customary for others to bow (or curtsy) to her majesty, she is not technically required to bow or curtsy to others. She made a solemn, unexpected acknowledgment to her former daughter-in-law's casket that she rarely does for anyone else.

Related

Second, there was a huge amount of drama within the royal family after Diana's death, including the fact that Queen Elizabeth II had insisted that Diana's ceremony be private — she faced "fierce resistance" from Prince Charles, and then-British Prime Minister Tony Blair also agreed that Diana should be laid out at St. James's Palace with a public funeral held at Westminster Abbey. Because the queen was so highly criticized for her silence and "business-as-usual" behavior in the wake of Diana's death, her bowing at the coffin attempted to send a message of compassion, honor, and genuine grief.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/a5/de/bb/a5debb9cea537b1827b21f8d4725ac88.jpg
If I had on old stump in my yard, this is what I would do with it!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ad/09/85/ad098524eba2f96b000e39335e09b858.jpg
Fairy House I made from a stump, bark from a Cherry tree and grape vines. I used moss from around my yard for the lawn and dollar store stones for the walkway.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/70/72/81/70728128f1bd316be37b88ce909c58d3.jpg
Basket Bird Houses -
great idea for some of those old baskets you have around.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/68/89/53/6889538ee9a634c6c3ccd09be6bea87a.jpg
We have collected a great list of DIY birdfeeders that will instantly beautify your porch or make the perfect gift.
They are easy to make and are great for getting those birds to your property so that you can enjoy them.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/b4/1b/2a/b41b2a4a0ddd94628a13b0a26d12e19f.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e1/13/23/e113231b74cec7d0d63b14579cb57a4d.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/04/71/49/047149b37ff1bbf44c20d3c674fd25ab.jpg
Not had a bird friendly garden till now - just added the bird feeders, but with 2 kids, a cat and a dog, not the most tranquile of places!
A week later and have had several of the above visiting the last 2 days - me a happy bunny!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f1/c5/11/f1c5117f49cc77b9e562301fec06dfe1.jpg
Chickadees love peanuts!
This will accommodate all of your nut-eating birds, such as chickadees, woodpeckers and nuthatches.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/25/45/04/2545042a29d9ba0dfa5d68e58c865829.jpg
This is made from a slinky and a coat hanger!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c9/75/37/c975375ebacfdf6475aaaf06b7674d38.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/43/e1/ba/43e1baf54f23ef1c1aebbe6fbd42d5f0.jpg
Home made bird feeder, made out of a plastic 2-liter water bottle and two wooden spoons.
Really easy to make, and the birds love it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3e/0c/22/3e0c2281412ca6d98a314d451e1a8023.jpg
In honor of Earth Day, we made this soda bottle bird feeder.
I am so glad that I get to teach my children about the importance of saving our planet.
By making this craft, we keep a plastic bottle out of the landfill.
{We would normally recycle it anyway, though}.

Someone's junk can be your treasure!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/11/52/63/115263650bcca6bcd1872ba1089025b2.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/17/f1/82/17f1823c594a01e7f3890ebbfaa98451.jpg
Handmade item Materials: spoons, vintage silverware, teacup, vintage teacups, ribbon, birdseed It's that time of year again…. Time for a GARDEN PARTY!!
We found the most adorable teacups and saucers at flea markets and made them into the cutest bird feeders you have ever seen. To add even a little more whimsy, each cup and saucer set comes mismatched!

You will need: a teacup with attached saucer, a bent hand stamped spoon to use as a hook, matching ribbon to hang from the tree and a small baggie of birdseed.

Everything you need to feed the birds. What makes this bird feeder so special is that each bent spoon is hand stamped with the words - GARDEN PARTY!!.

Someone's junk can be your treasure!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f5/33/75/f53375585aee0b42197394e010d8af74.jpg
This is a bespoke Bird Feeder.
It has been crafted using a hand-turned wooden post, painted in a range of Farrow & Ball colours, and is topped with a vintage china Teacup & Saucer - which holds the bird seed/food.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1e/e7/bc/1ee7bc3286e1911c53cc95031cd79c66.jpg
No two bird feeder are the same...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c0/6d/6b/c06d6bcaf8685a5d00a7e724f06d8b7b.jpg
You will have yourself a completely original item which will bring a touch of whimsical fun to your garden! Each feeder comes with a little starter pouch of food, to fill your teacup right up and watch the little birds come a flocking.

Ковер - перевод на английский с примерами

carpet, rug, tapis

- carpet |ˈkɑːrpɪt|  — ковер, покрытие, покрывало, защитный слой, одежда, покрытие дороги
ковёр цветов — carpet of flowers
прибить ковёр — to tack down a carpet
выткать ковер — weave a carpet

▼ - rug |rʌɡ|  — ковер, коврик, плед, меховая полость

мыть ковёр — to shampoo a rug
ткать ковёр — to weave a rug
чистить ковёр — to clean a rug

▼ - tapis |ˈtæpiː|  — ковер, покрывало

Rug implies area rug. To cover some part of the room. Like in front of a door. In the middle of the room. Carpet means full room coverage. Installed on top of the floor. Basically rug you can move from place to place. Carpet you cannot.

мягкий ковер — soft covering
ковёр из хвои — matting of needles
прижать ковер — press a covering
поднять ковер — lift a covering
выход за ковёр — exceeding the competition area
алтарный ковер — pede cloth
очистить ковер — clean a covering
устроить ковер — make a covering
заступ за ковёр — area penalty
подобрать ковер — match a covering

▼ Родственные слова, либо редко употребляемые в данном значении
- mat |mæt|  — мат, коврик, циновка, паспарту, подстилка, подставка, половик, рогожа
стружечный ковер — chip mat
синтетический ковер — synthetic mat
ковёр для вольных упражнений — agility mat

▼ - tapestry |ˈtæpəstrid|  — гобелен, затканная от руки материя
ковёр европейский ручной работы — slit tapestry
ковёр с набивной основой и разрезным ворсом — tapestry velvet
ковёр ручной работы с перевязкой уточных нитей разных цветов — interlocking tapestry

The Seasons Song ♫♪♫

Learn all about the seasons with The Seasons Song.
Don't get a splinter in winter! Sing in the spring!
Have fun in the sun! Watch out for falling leaves!

Сastle in ItalyCastello di Sammezzano,  province of Florence , Tuscany region Italy

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/05/e9/c1/05e9c1bc59fef44bfc3671ac10627c7b.jpg
It’s hard to believe that this jaw-dropping room is located in an abandoned castle in Tuscany, Italy. Built in 1605 and once housed kings, Sammezzano Castle now sits atop a hill in a Tuscan oak tree grove untouched by modern times.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ec/79/f0/ec79f0e8e93779957807f936fbf0f919.jpg
The Peacock Room Castle Sammezzano, Tuscany Italy

Within the castle you can find the Peacock Room, a hidden jewel features intricate Moorish designs and a breathtaking assortment of patterns and colors.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/cd/cd/b6/cdcdb6454c4bf78420e4d4da2d4e6007.jpg
Abandoned castle in ItalyCastello di Sammezzano,  province of Florence , Tuscany region Italy .

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/3c/ab/65/3cab657ddd1f9583bdf830316dad9611.jpg
The 9/11 Teardrop Memorial - I had no clue this poignant memorial existed.
It was a gift to America from the country of Russia and is dedicated "To the Struggle Against World Terrorism."

Proverbs are popularly defined as "short expressions of popular wisdom". Efforts to improve on the popular definition have not led to a more precise definition. The wisdom is in the form of a general observation about the world or a bit of advice, sometimes more nearly an attitude toward a situation.

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/elm1F.gif

Голь на выдумки хитра. - Necesity is the mother of Invention.

Было бы желание, а возможность найдется. – Where there's a will, there's a way.

Тише едешь, дальше будешь. – Slowly but surely.

Трудно только начать. Труден только первый шаг. – It is the first step that costs.

Уговор дороже денег. – A bargain is a bargain.

Proverb

Good health is above wealth.

The Queen Ordered Charles and Diana's Divorce and More Dramatic Details You Didn't Know

http://s0.uploads.ru/t/bTBko.jpg
Prince Charles and Princess Diana pose with Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace in March 1981, shortly after their engagement. Image Source: Getty / Hulton Royals Collection

With the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana's tragic death approaching, interest in her life — and especially her marriage to Prince Charles — has piqued in recent months. The relationship between Charles and Diana was tumultuous, to say the least; they met after Charles first dated Diana's older sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, and only went on 12 dates before getting engaged in February 1981 and tying the knot five months later. By late 1992 (after collective affairs and embarrassing leaked audio conversations), Charles and Diana's 11-year marriage was a disaster — and the royal family couldn't hide it anymore.

Charles's parents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, met with the couple for an intervention of sorts. Philip and Diana exchanged heartfelt letters that Summer in which he expressed his disappointment at both her and Charles's extramarital affairs and asked her to see both of their slip-ups from the other's point of view; at one point he seemed ready to give up, writing, "I will always do my utmost to help you and Charles to the best of my ability. . . but I am quite ready to concede that I have no talent as a marriage counselor." Their attempts at reconciliation were unsuccessful, and that December, Prime Minister John Major publicly announced the pair's "amicable separation," reading an official statement from the royal family.

http://s2.uploads.ru/t/BP7fJ.jpg
Diana and Charles looked less than enthused during their royal tour of Canada in October 1991. Image Source: Getty / Anwar Hussein

After their separation, more rumors of cheating emerged, and Diana conducted a tell-all interview with the BBC's Martin Bashir in which she disclosed details about her own infidelity and struggle with bulimia as well as Charles's affair with Camilla Parker Bowles, making the famous quote, "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded." Ultimately, Elizabeth gave up too — likely fed up with doing damage control for Charles and Diana's cheating scandals and the blowback from Diana broadcasting their business, she sprung into action. On Dec. 20, 1995, Buckingham Palace announced that the queen had written separate letters to the couple ordering them to divorce ASAP, an unprecedented move at the time. "After considering the present situation, the queen wrote to both the prince and princess earlier this week and gave them her view, supported by the Duke of Edinburgh, that an early divorce is desirable," a palace statement said. It added that both Elizabeth and Philip would "continue to do all they can to help and support the Prince and Princess of Wales, and most particularly their children, in this difficult period." Charles agreed formally in writing soon after, but it took Diana until February to announce her agreement after negotiations with Charles and representatives for Elizabeth and until July for the couple to agree on the terms of their divorce.

Their divorce was finalized in August 1996, but some drama surrounding her title ensued. Queen Elizabeth reportedly wanted to let Diana keep the style of her royal highness, but Charles was "adamant" that she give it up — instead, she was given the title Diana, Princess of Wales. The loss of the honorific separated Diana from the rest of the family in such a way that she had to curtsy to those that had it, including her own children. Heartbreakingly, a 14-year-old Prince William is said to have comforted his mother after the loss of her title by saying, "Don't worry, Mummy, I will give it back to you one day when I am king."

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/qJgSU.jpg
Diana, Harry, William, and Charles watch a parade in London in March 1995. Image Source: Getty / AFP

Diana was allowed to keep her apartment at Kensington Palace — which now serves as the official residence of William, Kate Middleton, and their two children — as "a central and secure home for The Princess and the children." She was given access to the royal family's jets and was able "to use the state apartments at St. James's Palace for entertaining," as long as asked the queen's permission first. She was also permitted to keep all the jewelry she amassed during her marriage, with the exception of the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, which Elizabeth gave to her as a wedding present after only wearing it once. It was lent to Kate Middleton in both 2015 and 2016.

Buckingham Palace publicly stated that as the mother of heirs to the throne, Diana would continue to be regarded as a member of the royal family and "will from time to time receive invitations to state and national public occasions" at the invitation "of the sovereign or the Government." She and Charles were granted equal access to Prince William and Prince Harry, who were 14 and 11 at the time, respectively, and the boys alternated holidays with each of their parents when they weren't attending boarding school. Things seemed to be civil between Charles and Diana as they worked together to coparent their boys after the divorce and up until Diana's death in August 1997. During an inquest into the tragedy in January 2007, Deputy Coroner of the Queen's Household Baroness Butler-Sloss said, "I am satisfied that at her death, Diana Princess of Wales continued to be considered as a member of the Royal Household."

Prince Philip Is Officially Retired! The Royal Attends His Last Public Engagement
August 2, 2017

http://s6.uploads.ru/t/bnh1M.jpg
Prince Philip is officially on retirement time. The 96-year-old royal attended his last official public engagement on Wednesday when he took part in a parade to mark the finale of the 1664 Global Challenge, which raises funds and awareness for The Royal Marines Charity, at Buckingham Palace. Despite the pouring rain, Philip met with representatives from the organization, veterans, and cadets before receiving the 1664 Global Challenge baton and three cheers from the crowd. The event certainly holds special significance to the prince, who was appointed captain general in succession to Queen Elizabeth II's late father, King George VI, nearly 64 years ago.

Buckingham Palace announced Prince Philip's last duty in a statement in July, saying, "The Duke of Edinburgh will no longer undertake his own program of public engagements. The Captain General's Parade will bring His Royal Highness's individual program to a conclusion, although he may choose to attend certain events, alongside The Queen, from time to time." The royal first announced his decision to retire in May with full support from the queen. Over the past 70 years, Philip has carried out royal duties on behalf of over 780 organizations.

http://s3.uploads.ru/t/WniXA.jpg
http://sf.uploads.ru/t/0ERmg.jpg
http://s5.uploads.ru/t/6fC98.jpg